It is vital that those who have not vaccinated wear masks at all times; this includes indoors as well as outdoors. A face mask is ideal for virus protection.
There are many types of masks one can use to protect themselves from infection due to Covid-19. N95 and KN95 happen to be two of the most popular masks. This article explains the difference between the N95 and KN95 disposable face masks.
Difference Between N95 and KN95 Mask
The main difference is that N95 has been designed as per USA standards while KN95 has been designed as per Chinese standards. Both masks filter and capture 95% of the (0.3) micron particles.
Here are the differences between these two masks for Coronavirus for sale:
- N95 masks are approved for use by healthcare services in the USA.
- N95 masks pass through a rigorous inspection process that is designed by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). This is a section of CDC.
- It is possible for companies to get approval for KN95 masks as well; however, they need to seek approval from the FDA.
- As per the N95 specifications, they happen to be more stringent on matters of pressure drop inside the mask while breathing. Thus, the N95 masks are more breathable.
- KN95 are not approved for medical usage in the USA; neither are they NIOSH approved.
- KN95 masks are recommended for anyone who is in low to moderate risk as well as in the grocery store and for an outdoor gathering.
1.What is a N95 Face Mask?
A N95 face mask is a respirator mask that is specially designed to protect against airborne particles. It offers a close facial fit. It is specially designed to form a seal around the nose and mouth.
2.What is a KN95 Face Mask?
A KN95 mask unlike the N95 one is made to Chinese Standards. The reusable N95 mask is perfectly fine for low and medium risk places.
As per recommendations by the CDC, it is best to replace both the KN95 and N95 masks after using it 2 to 3 times.
Which Mask is Better - N95 or KN95?
Both the N95 and KN95 masks are effective when it comes to protecting against the Corona Virus. CDC recommends that all medical personnel should use this one. It is perfectly fine for those in low and medium risk areas to use the KN95 mask. Brookwood Med stocks a wide range of masks like there are the KN95 masks for sale here.
Both KN95 and N95 masks are effective in keeping you safe from Coronavirus. N95 is considered to offer better protection and is recommended in places of high risk like in medical centers. Brookwood Med is an eCommerce store that sells a wide range of certified face masks.