There are many types of masks available, and they protect us from viruses and several other things. Masks are designed to filter droplets and particles as you breathe, sneeze, or cough. They are effective in protecting you from harmful particles from other people. This includes germs and viruses that can spread from being in close contact with those affected with diseases like COVID-19, etc. This article provides useful tips on how to choose the right mask, including masks for children.
Tips to Find Best Mask
Various masks & respirators provide different levels of protection, like the N95 and the KN95 respirator, which offers high level of protection. Here are a few tips for finding the best mask:
- Loosely woven cloth masks offer the least protection.
- Masks with a tight fit, closely on the face that is free from gaps, offer a high level of protection.
- A respirator has superior filtration than a mask if worn in the right manner and provides a high level of protection.
- When wearing a mask, check for gaps around the edges by sliding your fingers around the edges. A good mask is one that is a close fit.
- There should ideally be no air flowing from the area near your eyes and side of the mask.
- A cloth mask that works properly can also provide a certain level of protection. It should ideally be worn over your nose, mouth, and chin to prevent leaks.
- An ideal cloth mask is one with a nose wire and made from a fabric that blocks light when held up to a bright source of light.
- To increase the level of protection, wear two masks. This should ideally be a disposable mask underneath and a cloth mask on the top.
- Avoid wearing a mask if you find it hard to breathe while wearing them.
- Popular masks like surgical masks, N95, KN95, and KF94 offer a higher level of protection than normal cloth masks.
There are many types of masks available, and it is often confusing which one to buy. Avoid spending too much time finding the right mask. You can trust Brookwood Med, an eCommerce website, when it comes to your mask requirements. We stock a wide range of high-quality masks, including the KN95, 5-ply mask, 3ply disposable face mask, children’s masks, sports masks, and many more. You can order your masks from the comfort of your home. We have authorized providers of personal protection equipment like masks, etc., to hospitals, government agencies, private businesses, etc.
There are many types of masks, and finding the right one can be quite an ordeal. It is important you buy the right masks since otherwise, they can end up doing more harm. Brookwood Med is an eCommerce store and an authorized provider of masks and other equipment to hospitals and other places. Shop from this store for peace of mind, ease of purchase, and the least hassle.